December News - Stuart Tinney
December News 2010
Wow hasn’t the year just flown by, it seems like only yesterday we started, but then we looked back and realized that so much has happened in 2010 here at Tinney Eventing.
- The EA NSW awards dinner saw Watermark Grayson claim “Horse of the Year” with his Owner Sarah Ballard (ne Ingham) claiming “Owner of the Year”.
- Stuart was engaged to speak at conferences throughout Australia and overseas and has now a new respect for the power point presentation.
- Karen took on role as the Sydney coach for the Youth Development Squad. The program has been a great success and will continue to grow into 2011.
- Coprice with their NutriRice range, helped with another new initiative this year the NSW NutriRice Star Squad. Again by all reports it has been a fantastic addition to the scene.
- Stuart was awarded a Gold scholarship from the NSWIS. The squad schools run throughout the year. NSWIS also helps with funding to competitions which we are very grateful for.
- TE has 3 horses on the National Elite Squad Vettori, Panamera and Watermark Grayson. Also all three were nominated for WEG!
- Stuart was invited to go on fact finding mission to the WEG test event in the U.S.A. The trip was well worth while even though the rest of us at TE were unsure about all the pictures of the fried food he had been eating! Thank you EA for this opportunity and your support during WEG.
- Nature Vet Direct was launched. www.naturevetdirect.com.au
- Melbourne 3DE saw the launch of the new book “An Eventful Life” with Stuart being one of the featured riders, he has been doing many signings. The CCI*** competition saw Panamera place 2nd and Vettori 5th.
- Sydney 3DE was the 10 year anniversary of the Sydney Olympics and Jeepster came along with Stuart with their Gold Medal guest appearance. Sydney was also the last hit out for the WEG. Stuart was selected on Panamera or Vettori.
- ‘Cantering towards Kentucky’ was the social fundraiser of the year. $50,000 was raised to assist the members of the Australian Eventing Team at WEG. This was a tremendous effort put together by some extraordinary people, from the organizers, auction donators, MC’s plus all the people who attended purchasing tickets and items.
We have welcomed a great many students both from overseas and Australia to work and train at TE. Thank you Emma Scott for your relief whilst at WEG. Good Luck for 2011.
The World Equestrian Games was the main focus of the year. The world’s best horses and riders competing in 8 events over 16 days. Stuart was selected on Vettori and made the Team and can be commended for coming 8th individually in the world.
- In the lead up to the WEG, TE took part in some trials for Equine Compression suits for horses. Vettori had his own customized pair for WEG. Thank you to Equine Edge they worked amazingly!
- Adelaide 3DE saw Stuart being awarded the Anna Savage Medal for the Best & Fairest rider (for the 4th time); Vettori was also awarded the Peppermint Grove Memorial Trophy for the Outstanding Event horse of the year.
- EQUITANA was in Melbourne both Stuart & Karen attended visiting the Coprice, Nature Vet, Horseland, Bates and EA stands also signing An Eventful Life books.
- Bates New Isabelle dressage saddle was launched.
- Bates Australia for continuing to supply us with a fantastic range of highest quality saddles and accessories anyone could wish for.
- CopRice/NutriRice for making sure that the horse’s diet is balanced and nutritional, helping our horses look and perform to their best.
- Nature Vet for helping to keep all the horses in A1 condition with their great range of supplements.
- Horseland for keeping the Equine, Human and Canine members of TE decked out in the finest and latest range of gear.
- Ecomist for making TE a fly and bug free zone, so that we can continue to perform without the hassle of those hideous flies. (We love Ecomist!)
We would also like to thank Brett Hudson, Jim Cady and Ritchie our farrier’s and the veterinary team at Agnes Banks for their efforts throughout the year and Dougie Fountain who is always there for us. Stephanie Bender for her continuous hard work. Last but not least our fantastic Head Girl Amy McGregor. Amy spent over 2 months away with not only Vettori at WEG but oversaw all our WEG horses afterwards, flew with them and settled them all in quarantine in NZ. We truly missed her here.. and if there is not an industry award for her dedication to our Aussie horses there truly should be!! Thanks Amy we love you to bits!
We will be sending you our fabulous special Christmas issue soon, until then take care from all at TE.